"There's no doubt that the economy is getting better; we just shouldn't get carried away," Mark Vitner, an economist at Wells Fargo, said. "We haven't shifted into a higher gear."
Adding to the optimism for our economy:
- Applications for unemployment benefits near a four-year low.
- Inflation remains low
- Business travel is up
- The housing market is showing slight gains after three dismal years.
- Companies are hiring more
- Consumer confidence is up
- More people are buying cars
- Factories are making more goods
- Bank lending is on the rise